We want to support faculty and staff with the tools and resources needed to assist students as they explore their career and professional development needs.
Career and Professional Development recognizes and appreciates the fact that professional development and career-related conversations continuously happen all around campus. We believe that it takes our greater campus community to best serve our Hilltoppers.
Faculty and Staff Services
Career and Professional Development Presentation Request
Please fill out the Faculty Presentation Request Form to request a classroom presentation with a CAPD team member. If you are a staff member fill out the Staff/Student Organization Presentation Request Form. If you have any problems, please email us.
Career Assignments in a Box
- Resume Assignment
- LinkedIn Assignment
- Career Fair/Program Attendance Assignment
- General Appointment Assignment
Internship and Advanced Experiential Learning Support
CAPD is here to assist faculty with any or all of the following:
- Discussing National Association of Colleges & Employers (NACE) suggestions and other university best practices for internships.
- Assisting in the creation of internship course syllabi.
- Working with employers to create meaningful job descriptions.
- Coaching students about the internship process.
- Maintaining internship postings on Handshake.
- Troubleshooting internship issues between students and employers.
- Offering workshops and class presentations on internships.
Internship Waiver: St. Edward’s University students who wish to participate in an internship for which they will receive academic credit or which is associated in any way with St. Edward’s University, must read, understand, and sign this internship participation acknowledgment and waiver of liability
Campus-wide Career Initiatives
Austin Impact Internship Program
- The Austin Impact Internship Program connects St. Edward's University students to internships with Austin–area employers as part of the Austin Impact initiative in the Strategic Plan 2027. The goal of this program is to offer students the opportunity to participate in advanced experiential learning and strengthen the community through these local partnerships.
Blue & Gold Scholars Program
- The Blue & Gold Scholars program is dedicated to recognizing St. Edward's University undergraduate student participation in advanced experiential learning opportunities. Fill out the designated survey below and become a Blue & Gold Scholar!*
Career Champions Program
- To be announced...
Elevated Student Employment
- Elevate your on-campus student employees through infusing career readiness into all facets of their experience. Attend one of the collaborative CAPD and HR training sessions or use the resources or tools provided.
Residential Career Initiatives
- To be announced...
Key Tools and Resources for Students
- Connect to thousands of jobs, internships, employers and events.
- It is common to have diverse career interests and goals that may or may not directly align with your major. With that in mind, Career Communities were created to provide industry-specific resources, opportunities and connections for all students, regardless of major.
- Get hands-on experience through practice interviews tailored to your specific industry, available 24/7 online.
- Discover your values, interests, personality and workplace preferences.
- Upload your document and a Career Coach will provide recommendations on both content and format to ensure you are making a great impression.
- Need more in-depth career assistance? Schedule an appointment with a Career Coach on Handshake.